12 tomatillos. Cut in half
2 chile serranos
1/4 white onion
3 garlic cloves. Keep the skin on.
Small handful of cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Husk, wash and dry your tomatillos. Cut them in half.
2. Remove the stems from the Serranos and cut them in half. Leave in the seeds.
3. Cut the onion in 1/4 and separate the layers.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot, place the tomatillos cut side down into the pan. Turn them over after a
few minutes. Fry them until they begin to change color, 4-5 minutes. Do not cook the
tomatillos for too long or your salsa will become bitter. Remove to tomatillos and place the
into your blender.
5. Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the same pan and add your Serranos, onion
and the garlic with the skin on.
6. Fry for a couple of minutes then transfer the Serranos and onion to the blender. Carefully
remove the skins from the garlic and add that to the blender as well.
7. Add a small handful of cilantro, juice from 1 lime and your salt and pepper.
8. Blend for about 30 seconds or until everything is well blended.
9. Taste for salt to your liking
10. Transfer in your a container and let the salsa cool before serving.
Leave a Reply.