- 1/2 cup white cheese powder, such as King Arthur Vermont Cheese Powder. Buy it HERE.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest . Usually 1 lime will do
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup canola oil or Coconut oil. I like the added flavor of this oil with popcorn.
- 3/4 cup popping corn (This is plenty. Trust me.)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
How to Make It
Step 1 In a small bowl, mix the cheese powder with the salt, chile powder, cilantro, lime zest and cayenne.
Step 2 In a large saucepan, combine the oil and popping corn. Cover and cook over moderately high heat until it starts to pop. Shake the pan and cook, shaking occasionally, until the corn stops popping, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, add the melted butter and toss to coat. Add the cheese mixture and toss again. Serve. Or sneak it into a movie theater like I do.
Make AheadThe popcorn can be stored in an airtight container overnight.