Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread
Cream Cheese Filling
Make the Bread Batter
Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Layer the mixtures
1. Turn about one-third of the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary; set aside.
2. Evenly pour 1/2 of the cream cheese filling mixture over the bread mix, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary.
3. Top filling with 1/3 of the pumpkin bread batter, smoothing the top very lightly with a spatula as to not disturb cream cheese layer and pushing batter into corners and sides as necessary. Repeat with the last of the cream cheese filling. Top it with the last 1/3 of the bread mix and again, gently spread it over the cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake for about 60 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Note this is tricky because the cream cheese never gets totally solid so the toothpick test isn’t the most accurate.
5. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Leave a Reply.
I started this blog so that I could document and share my adventures in travel, photography, food and the things that inspired me. It's a work in progress as are most things in life.