This soup is not a soup that I would have ever considered to make before. It just didn't sound that appealing to me. My friend Milo made it as a started soup for a beautiful dinner he had made. I assume his dinner was delicious and beautiful because his meals always are. After taking my first slurp of this soup, everything else was a blur. This soup is so delicious and easy. It truly is a special little gem. I can't wait to serve it with a gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
2 Zucchini, cut into large cubes
½ medium onion, diced
1 Tbl olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbl dry Italian Seasoning
¼ tsp dried chili flakes
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
3 cups chicken broth (if using dry Knorr chicken broth omit the salt)
Sour cream (optional)
Roasted and salted pepitas for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and zucchini, cook until onion is soft, about 5 min. Add
garlic and spices and cook for one min.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min.
3. Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Taste for salt and pepper.
5. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and pepitas.