(Cut this recipe in half if you just want to use 1 puff pastry sheet and make 6)
6 medium peaches halved, pitted and sliced ¼-inch thick
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 sheets store-bought frozen puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
1/2 small red onion very thinly sliced
8 ounces goat cheese
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
1. PREPARE THE PEACHES AND PUFF PASTRY: Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the honey and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff-pastry sheets to ¼-inch thick. Cut each sheet into 6 even squares—you should end up with 12 squares total.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and arrange the dough squares evenly between them.
4. ASSEMBLE THE TARTS: Place a heaping tablespoon of goat cheese in the center of each square of puff pastry, and press it into an even layer. On top of the goat cheese, layer a few slices of red onion, then generously top with the peach slices. Season the tarts with freshly ground black pepper and thyme. Roll the sides of the pastry dough towards the peaches to create a little wall. Reserve some of the peach juice and honey that might be left over in your bowl.
5. Bake the tarts until the crust is very golden brown and the peaches are tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer the tarts to a cooling rack; let them cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle some of the peach juice and honey on top if there is any left